Our client within the public sector in Edinburgh is looking for a Windows 10 Rollout Technician. This is a 6 week contract with an immediate start.
The role will include:
* Working under the Implementation Manager, you will be required to travel to sites and depots across the country as part of a team with occasional lone working and overnight stays maybe required.
* Implementing the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on point of sale tills, desktops and laptops, working through a pre-designed checklist of tasks or swap outs.
* Fill in any required documentation after each machine has been upgraded.
* Regularly communicating with site staff and the project team when lone working to ensure the successful delivery of the upgrade.
* Where the candidate is not out at sites, the candidate will be expected to come into HQ based in Edinburgh, in a project supporting role to the Project Manager.
The chosen candidate must have:
* Have had previous Windows upgrade and rollout experience, preferably across a large organisation and/or in a retail environment.
* Have a good attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
* Experience using imaging software, ‘CloneZilla’ specifically.
* Experience in supporting or an understanding of retail hardware: such as Epson printers, Honeywell scanners and Verifone credit card terminals.
Please note this role requires a valid drivers license and own your own vehicle. Core hours would be be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
If you have the above experience and are looking for your next contract, please click the link below to apply!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND