We are seeking an experienced Technical Lead from a software engineering background with strong experience in AWS development to provide hands-on technical leadership to an agile development team within a prominent public body in Scotland. This role involves acting as a bridge between the development team and the Architecture Steering Group, contributing to the definition and refinement of best practices, standards, and architectural principles.
The Role is being offered as an initial contract of 6 months with the option to extend, and is outside of IR35. The role is also based in Glasgow or Edinburgh and offers hybrid working.
The organisation has undertaken a significant reorganisation of its IT software delivery capability to align with key domains within the business. The organisation’s vision is to establish enduring development teams aligned with business domains to ensure clear ownership of software products. The Company is on a transformative journey, transitioning from on-premises projects to enduring cloud-based products.
The team operates with a multi-functional, collaborative, and agile culture, embracing XP engineering practices, including pairing and test-driven development, and maintaining a strong infrastructure-as-code ethos. The Other Registers domain is actively engaged in developing new AWS-native Registers while also providing support for a range of existing Registers.
· Lead the development and support of existing and new teams.
· Offer continuous technical leadership, aligning with product and architectural roadmaps.
· Collaborate with Product Management and Service Design to prioritise changes.
· Maintain high-quality support procedures and empower team enhancements.
· Oversee technical aspects of both tactical and strategic development work.
· Actively engage in defining and adhering to architectural and engineering principles.
· Cultivate an agile culture, emphasising frequent release of high-quality software.
· Create and maintain effective technical documentation.
· Ensure compliance with non-functional requirements, including accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, and deployability.
· Troubleshoot issues across multiple environments and platforms.
· Demonstrated technical leadership with cross-functional teams.
· Design, gain consensus, and implement technical solutions for projects.
· Adherence to formal XP engineering practices.
· Develop within Digital First or GDS quality standards.
· Engage with stakeholders to understand diverse business requirements.
· Introduce improved processes in development environments.
· Develop solutions with a human-centered, inclusive design approach.
· Design and implement solutions using service and event-based architectures.
· Use testing tools for unit testing and system test automation.
· Employ cloud monitoring, telemetry, and intelligence tools.
· Communicate complex topics effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Incrementally replace enterprise legacy systems.
· Work in Agile delivery models.
· Define infrastructure as code.
· Coach and mentor developers and team members.
Package on Offer:
· Initial contract of 6 months.
· Outside IR35.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply directly or send your CV to Sam Barker at ASA Recruitment.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND