ASA Recruitment are working with a well-respected Scottish company to assist them in finding a payroll supervisor. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced payroll professional to join a well-established finance team based in the city centre of Edinburgh.
As payroll supervisor you will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Running a high volume weekly payroll
- Work with all external bodies to calculate and submit any payments and returns
- Work in line with all associated accounting and management information and payroll reports as required by the directors
- Supervising one of the other staff members of the payroll team
- Communicating with operational line managers and other colleagues to ensure anomalies are investigated and resolved
- Provide advice to colleagues on pay related legislation
- Support and assist in the development and maintenance of all payroll systems and processes to guarantee a continued high quality of service is provided
The role of payroll supervisor requires you to bring with you:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of current payroll and tax legislation, statutory requirements and the general administrative requirements associated with any payroll process
- A passionate attitude about payroll and the desire to constantly promote best practice, ensuring policies and processes continue to support the needs of the business to a high standard
- A willingness and ability to build relationships, internally and externally, across all levels, providing support and guidance throughout the organisation
- A good working knowledge of payroll databases, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
The remunerations on offer to the successful payroll applicant are:
- A highly competitive salary of up to £37,000 depending on experience
- Excellent holiday benefits starting from 31days
- Stakeholder pension
- An Edinburgh city centre location very close to the main bus and train routes
If you believe you have the skills and expertise to join a very successful payroll and finance team in Edinburgh please apply today with your CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND