A fantastic opportunity has been made available for an experienced Software Developer to join a public body organisation going through a digital transformation.
The role is ideal for someone who is highly experienced with AWS to assist with the further transformation towards a cloud-based operation.
The role is operating on a hybrid basis in Glasgow or Edinburgh although can be mostly working from home.
The developer will be responsible for working closely with AWS developing and implementing new software to further assist the new systems for the organisation. The developer will be responsible for creating external APIs for easy data access and preparing these systems for testing. You will collaborate with stakeholders adhering to industry standards and implementing cloud-based serverless solutions.
· Develop and deliver new Moveable Transactions registers.
· Create and deploy external APIs for these registers.
· Prepare registers for private beta with the product and development teams.
· Demonstrate sustainable and collaborative software development.
· Maintain support procedures, dashboards, and monitoring.
· Lead and support team events and process improvement.
· Ensure high-quality solutions through testing and code analysis.
· Comply with non-functional requirements.
· Troubleshoot problems across multiple environments.
· Use collaborative development practices.
· Coach and mentor team members as needed.
· Extensive commercial experience with AWS, including CDK (Cloud Development Kit), Serverless (Lambda), S3 (Simple Storage Service), API Gateway, Cloud Formation, and Aurora/Postgres database services.
· Strong HTML / CSS skills and an awareness of accessibility considerations
· Proven track record of collaborative software development.
· Effective stakeholder engagement across various business areas, including Product Management, Service Design, and
· Familiarity with quality standards like GDS or Digital First.
· Designing and implementing solutions using a service-based and serverless architecture.
· Clear communication of complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Expertise in cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools, including Grafana.
· Experience in Agile delivery models such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
· Knowledge of formal XP engineering techniques.
· Proficiency in defining infrastructure-as-code.
Package on Offer:
· Up to £475/day contract rate.
· Initial 12-month contract with option to extend.
· Outside of IR35.
· Hybrid working, occasional visits to Glasgow or Edinburgh offices.
If this role is of interest to you please send your CV and we will contact you to discuss in further detail.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND