We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our client in a prominent public body in Scotland. You will be an integral part of an experienced team, looking to drive the organisation forward. The role is being offered as an initial contract of 6 months with the option to extend further. The role is deemed to be outside of IR35. The organisation has multiple offices and so can be based in Glasgow or Edinburgh with hybrid working.
In this key role, you will be part of the Product and Business Analysis department. The department collaborates closely with Service Design to ensure customers’ needs are at the forefront of design and delivery of digital services, organisation of teams, and manage operational processes. You will actively support various business missions across our strategic roadmap and corporate plan. Your responsibilities will entail deploying a range of business analysis methods and techniques, focusing particularly on enhancing services in the Open Casework area of the business.
· Maintain a comprehensive record of decisions, assumptions, and outstanding questions.
· Assist in the identification, evaluation, and tracking of business benefits.
· Collaborate with colleagues to provide insights into transition points and roadmap outcomes.
· Identify novel process and customer opportunities.
· Support business leaders in both tactical and strategic efforts to deliver customer-centric solutions.
· Collaborate with business change teams to identify and resolve issues that may hinder the adoption of new processes or ways of working.
· Engage with digital suppliers.
· Actively participate in the sharing of best practice techniques and domain progress.
· Support the development and upskilling of junior staff.
· Collaborate with communication and organisational design professionals to mitigate the impact of change.
· Demonstrate confidence in engaging stakeholders and working within established governance forums.
· Collaborate with Business Analysts from other domains on overlapping deliveries.
· Act as a Product Owner by proxy.
· Support any additional activities as requested by the Head of Service Design or Lead Business Analyst.
· Proficiency in Agile working and informed approach decisions.
· Strong business analysis skills, including problem-solving and process improvement.
· Ability to analyse existing services and processes for optimisation.
· Proficiency in business modelling and effective communication of results.
· Competence in creating test cases and maintaining traceability records.
· Adept at implementing digital solutions.
· Knowledge of enterprise and business architecture.
· An innovative mindset, fostering creativity within the team.
· Familiarity with relevant tools and methodologies.
· Expertise in requirements analysis and implementing changes to programme scope.
· Effective stakeholder relationship management.
· Proficiency in testing within business analysis.
· User-focused mindset with priority on user needs.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of Business Canvas Modelling, Value Proposition Design, or Wardley map techniques.
· Experience with prioritisation techniques.
· Familiarity or working knowledge of digital standards in government.
· Ability to create conceptual wireframes.
· Background in lean UX, six-sigma, system thinking approaches, or similar.
· Proficiency in process and data simulation modelling.
· Formal qualification with IIBA or similar body.
Package on Offer:
· Initial 6-month contract.
· Outside IR35.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply directly or send your CV to Sam Barker at ASA Recruitment.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND