Are you a budding Research Officer who would like to make a significant contribution to the development of social policy and practice? We are seeking a post-graduate with a social science or history background to gain further research experience in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment. Based in Edinburgh, this Research Officer role will last for 23 months.
· Identify and obtain information relevant to the work of the organisation
· Ensure information is accurately stored and, if required, shared with the appropriate stakeholders
· Carry out analysis of information gathered by the organisation for research purposes
· Produce summaries of relevant research and other information
· A good Honours Degree (2:1 or a first) or MSc in social sciences or history
· The ability to critically evaluate data and other evidence with accuracy and perception
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Personal resilience and the ability to deal with what can be a distressing subject matter
· Previous experience of conducting archival research
· Knowledge of child protection policy and practice in the UK
· Previous experience of using research tools such as NVivo
If you would like to be considered for this Research Officer role in Edinburgh, please click the link to apply. We would love to hear from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND