ASA Recruitment’s Edinburgh based client is looking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant for an initial 12 month contract.
· Produce monthly management accounts and examine and report on any significant budgetary variances
· Lead on the financial planning cycle, modelling and forecasting
· Support senior managers and budget holders by providing specialist advice on key strategic financial management issues
· Produce timely and relevant monthly financial and management reports while working with the Financial Accountant
· Responsible for capital accounting in accordance with the relevant accounting standards, policies and procedures
· Liaise with Project Managers and Estates colleagues on major infrastructure projects, new developments including profiling of capital budgets, valuations, impairment review and balance sheets classification
· Responsible for the management of the Fixed Asset Register ensuring that all capital assets are accounted for appropriately, providing accurate monthly and annual financial reports
Essential requirements include:
· Membership of a CCAB professional body (or equivalent)
· Experience of all aspects of management accounting, including planning, monitoring, analysis and reporting
· Experience of capital accounting and preparation of accurate annual financial statements coupled with a strong technical knowledge of IFRS
· Detailed understanding of a financial accounting system
· Ability to analyse and evaluate information, recognise potential issues and find effective solutions to complex problems
· Strong people management and leadership skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of contacts and positively influence others to achieve desired results
· Must be able to evidence the ability to effectively prioritise your workload to meet departmental and organisational deadlines
If you are interested in this Management Accountant position please apply by clicking the link below!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND