We are seeking a Legislation and Parliamentary Lead for an unprecedented project covering the whole of Scotland. Working as part of the Communication, Engagement and Legislation team, you will lead work to deliver all the legislation required for this unique statistical collection project which reaches everyone across the country. Based in Edinburgh, this Legislation and Parliamentary Lead role is for 6 months.
Main duties include:
· Ministerial and Parliamentary engagement
· Developing clear and accurate policy instructions to aid development
· Writing briefings for Ministers and attending meetings as appropriate
· Being the first point of contact for staff on legal matters
· The ability to understand policy, drawing on a range of often complex evidence, to provide clear and concise instructions
· The ability to influence, negotiate and collaborate effectively with proven experience working with diverse stakeholders, building consensus to a shared outcome
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of drafting briefings and submissions and with a proven ability to articulate complex information clearly to a range of audiences
If you would like to be considered for this Legislation and Parliamentary Lead role in Edinburgh, please click the link to apply. We would love to hear from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND