Our Public sector client based in Aberdeen are sourcing an HR Advisor for an initial 6 month contract with possible extension.
This is full time post for 37 hours a week (Monday to Friday) on a day rate, based on a salary of £26,155 per annum PAYE plus holiday accruals.
This position will be based from home for the time being until we can get back into the office.
The HR Advisor role focus will be to support the HR Manager to deliver a professional and effective HR function within the business.
* Providing guidance, advice and support to staff and managers across the organisation in relation to HR issues, ensuring that all policies and procedures are properly interpreted and implemented.
* Handling casework on Attendance Management and Occupational Health, Performance Management, Discipline and Fairness at Work issues.
* Undertake comprehensive HR induction for new starts, liaising with other parts of the organisation as necessary. Ensure that induction documentation is regularly reviewed to ensure it is fit for purpose.
* Produce the monthly payroll return showing staffing changes and ensure these are sent in time for payroll runs.
* Coordinate annual people survey process by liaising with survey provider and HR to ensure that all staff have the opportunity to contribute to the survey. Provide first level analysis of results and work with line managers on any specific areas of concern highlighted in their areas.
* Collate HR management information on a regular basis to support routine and ad hoc requests, including details on staffing; absence management; headcount; learning and development and equality and diversity.
* A strong track record delivering positive outcomes in an HR environment, by building effective relationships, and providing advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, including trade unions, on relevant issues.
* An ability to work professionally whilst managing your own casework, respecting the confidential nature of your work at all times.
* Well organised and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload, adapt quickly to changing circumstances and expectations.
* A flexible team player, with experience of working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
· Chartered Membership of the CIPD or be currently working/willing to work towards.
· Experience of HR in the public sector.
· Communication and Engagement – Engages with Stakeholders and is connected to a range of internal and external networks.
· Improving Performance – Adapts quickly to fit skills and resources to changing circumstances and expectations.
· Analysis and Use of Evidence – Organises and collates robust information from a variety of sources in decision making, sharing knowledge and information across the wider system.
· Self-Awareness – Adaptable and embraces new ways of doing things, contributing ideas and energy to continuous improvement.
The postholder will be expected to have/gain a current Basic Disclosure and be willing to undergo BPSS checking.
If you are interested in the role of HR Advisor in Aberdeen, please apply today with an up to date CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND