We are seeking an experienced Platform/DevOps Engineer for an exciting opportunity with our client, a prominent public body in Scotland. This role is integral to a dynamic team working on a digital transformation. The position initially offers a contract opportunity, with potential extensions, and is based in Glasgow or Edinburgh with the flexibility of hybrid working arrangements. Importantly, this contract is outside of IR35.
Our client organisation is undergoing a digital transformation, and we are in need of a skilled Platform/DevOps Engineer to join the existing Delivery, Integration, and Testing Team. The team is looking to expand its delivery operations, and the chosen candidate will play a key role in ensuring successful implementation for the benefit of end users.
· Develop and maintain the OpenShift 4.x platform on AWS for containerised workloads.
· Create and support code-driven solutions for CI/CD, Monitoring, and Logging.
· Collaborate with product teams to align solutions with enterprise architecture.
· Plan and execute the monitoring, alerting, metrics, and logging strategy.
· Implement a hybrid application model across AWS and OCP containers.
· Design and manage the Jira platform for change and testing.
· Automate the setup of Ubuntu machines for developers and troubleshoot issues.
· Establish processes for disposable run time environments for delivery pipelines.
· Research and support migration to modern delivery pipeline tools.
· Maintain core platforms on-premises, in the cloud, and serverless.
· Support the current delivery platform, including Artifactory, GitLab, and more.
· Promote an agile culture, ensuring the release of high-quality software.
· Create and manage documentation to communicate the technical vision.
· Champion beneficial ideas, influencing peers and stakeholders.
· Collaborate on backlog prioritisation with Product Managers/Owners and Architects.
· Strong experience in containerisation technologies and CI/CD methodologies.
· Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code, AWS platform design, and network fundamentals.
· Demonstrated experience in observability, security practices, and agile delivery models.
· Exposure to enterprise-scale software builds, including OpenShift and Kubernetes.
· Familiarity with AWS Serverless Technologies, Python, and infrastructure automation tools.
· Proficiency in cloud services like AWS Lambda, EC2, S3, and more.
· Knowledge of CloudFormation, security aspects (GuardDuty, Security Groups, WAFv2), and networking components (Transit Gateway, ELBs, ALBs, Reverse Proxies).
· Experience in configuring Prisma Cloud for security integration.
· Administration skills in GitLab, Jira, Confluence, and RedHat Satellite.
· Proficiency in Linux, including RHEL, Ubuntu, and AWS Linux AMIs.
Package on Offer:
· Initial contract of 6 months.
· Outside IR35.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply directly or send your CV to Sam Barker at ASA Recruitment.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND