Our client based within the city centre of Edinburgh is currently looking for a Cyber Security Adviser. This contract would be for six months with a potential to be extended.
The Cyber Security Adviser will be responsible for:
– Identifying, analysing and evaluating cyber security and information risks for proposed delivery models. Explaining to risk owners and other stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of these
– Providing guidance, advice and support on compliance with applicable regulations, standards, policies and best practice on cyber security and information management.
– Providing recommendations on risk mitigation to be incorporated into proposed delivery models.
– Providing standardised and specialised (applicable to all and some options appraisals) security requirements to facilitate option selection and procurement.
– Delivering a cyber security and threat intelligence strategy.
– Delivering a counter fraud strategy and design an appropriate architectural pattern/approach.
– Providing a focal point for resolution of cyber security and information risk matters, supporting staff as to the good business and compliance reasons for information security.
Essential Knowledge and Experience Required:
– High level knowledge and understanding of the internal and external information security risks related to digital information.
– Knowledge and understanding of public sector, finance and information security standards as well as demonstrable experience in relation to interpreting and applying information assurance legislation and policies.
– Knowledge of digital architectures and digital solutions and a solid understanding of the risks represented by a variety of solutions.
– Experience of managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including senior officials, customers and suppliers.
– Experience in the management of ICT staff including technical specialists, external contracts and consultants.
– Demonstrable experience and track-record of providing information security advice to support corporate programmes and projects.
– Experience of managing security in an environment with frequent change.
– Subject-matter expertise within UK public sector and financial cyber security governance, risk management and standards compliance,
including creation of information security management systems to ISO27001 standards and compliance with the NIS Directive for critical and national infrastructure.
All applicants should hold a basic disclosure.
This contract would be working between the hours of 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have the above experience please get in touch with an up to date CV and we look forward to hearing from you.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND