We are seeking an experienced DevOps Platform Architect to lead the design and operation of a technology platform for a prominent public body in Scotland. This role involves collaborating with development and operations teams to ensure efficient software delivery. The role is being offered as an initial contract of 12 months with the option to extend further, and is outside of IR35.
The public body is undergoing a significant digital transformation and as such they are seeking an experienced Architect to confidently contribute towards this. The organisation operates using a mix of cloud and traditional technologies, and as such has established a Development Enablement team which is dedicated to creating high-quality and robust platforms to the product team. The collaborative, agile culture drives innovation with a key focus on expanding their presence in AWS to ensure usability, resilience and training.
· Lead the design and operation of a containerised workload platform, including CI/CD, Monitoring, Metrics, and Logging.
· Manage the OpenShift 4.x cluster.
· Develop design patterns for ECS/Fargate use.
· Create a Monitoring and Metrics strategy.
· Ensure platform governance compliance and role clarity.
· Support a Jira platform service with a change and test pipeline.
· Collaborate with product teams to align solutions with enterprise architecture.
· Provide technical leadership to platform development teams.
· Continuously enhance container-centric dev platforms based on feedback.
· Advocate for user-driven behaviours and attitudes.
· Extend support procedures, dashboards, and deployment capabilities.
· Lead tactical and strategic development team efforts.
· Actively participate in architectural steering groups.
· Proficiency in containerisation technologies.
· Understanding of CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, and Networking Fundamentals.
· Experience designing platforms in AWS and implementing observability and telemetry.
· Knowledge of security practices.
· Demonstrated process improvement in DevOps.
· Strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills.
· Agile delivery model experience.
· Eagerness to embrace new technologies.
Package on Offer:
· 12-month initial contract with option to extend.
· Outside IR35.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply directly by sending your CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND