Are you an experienced Procurement Specialist looking for your next challenge?
ASA Recruitment are currently looking for a motivated and organised Procurement Specialist to assist in a new large scale project within the public sector.
Procurement Specialist main duties includes:
- Leading on low value, low/medium risk procurements, ensuring compliance with procurement policy, and optimising value for money whilst addressing Scottish Government policy aspirations such as sustainability, fair work practices and the inclusion of SMEs and supported businesses. This will include the complete end-to-end procurement process through PCS Quick Quote facility to contract award
- Gathering, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of data and information to facilitate management decisions, planning and performance reporting
- Coordinating spend and savings information
- Working effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with customers, providing advice and guidance on procurement policies and procedures and best practice to stakeholders as required
- Use of relevant systems/tools in delivery of procurement projects, i.e. PCS, Quick Quote, eRDM and Microsoft Word/Excel
Procurement Specialist requirements:
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of public procurement policy and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong numerical and situational analysis skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A 9 to 5 role with a generous public sector holiday package
- The chance to gain experience and work with a large scale and prestigious employer
- Weekly pay as part of an ongoing interim contract
If you are interested in this role please submit your latest CV and we’ll be in touch soon.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND