Are you a talented Platform Engineer seeking a rewarding opportunity? Join a dynamic team at a leading public body in Scotland. As a Platform Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring the security and success of a cloud-based platform. Collaborate with a diverse team, contribute to cutting-edge technology design, and be part of a mission to enhance citizen services and business outcomes. If you have a passion for innovation and a strong technical background, we invite you to be part of the journey.
The role is based in Glasgow with hybrid working and is outside IR35. The contract is for an initial 6 months with the possibility of being extended for up to 23 months.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be at the forefront of providing technical expertise to the secure cloud-based platform. Your responsibilities include defining and implementing effective approaches for platform adoption, management, and operation. Working collaboratively within the organisation and across government departments, you’ll contribute to maintaining a secure and successful service. Your role involves designing and delivering innovative technologies, products, and services, with a focus on continuous improvement in delivery, support, and monitoring functions. Additionally, you will share your technical knowledge, mentor junior colleagues, and bridge the gap between technical and non-technical team members.
· Implement high-level technical requirements in a reliable, scalable, and secure manner.
· Provide coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues.
· Ensure technical processes are repeatable, scalable, and secure.
· Deep technical knowledge and experience in DevOps environments, supporting delivery teams and solving complex problems.
· Adopt and advise on current, established ways of working, actively identifying areas for improvement.
· Foster transparency and collaboration in decision-making.
· Share knowledge and experience with team members.
· Work effectively with clients with varying technical expertise.
· Demonstrable technical experience in RHEL-based Linux Distributions, Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC), Hashicorp Vault, and more.
· Experience in testing Infrastructure-as-Code projects, continuous integration, and microservice design patterns.
· Ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical team members, sharing knowledge and mentoring colleagues.
Package on Offer:
· Initial 6-month contract.
· Outside IR35.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply directly or send your CV to Sam Barker at ASA Recruitment.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND