ASA Recruitment in partnership with one of our prestigious public sector clients are currently in the market for a planning technician on an ongoing contract.
· Responsible for providing technical support in their specialist area (Development Management or Building Standards) but also provide additional support and cover as required to the wider service
· Contribute to managing and undertake the planning application process including plan vetting, approval of planning applications, appeals and planning committees and enforcement of planning controls as directed
· To validate planning applications, other applications and appeals in line with the appropriate legislation including neighbour notification, consultation and map registering in line with planning procedures
· To undertake site visits and post site notices as required and in line with planning regulations
· To undertake surveys, research and land audits as required
· HNC/HND in Planning, Building Standards or related discipline
· Demonstrable experience in a planning environment
· Experience in the processing of Building Warrants and/or experience of dealing with planning and other applications, appeals and public enquiries
· Understanding of local, regional and national strategies relevant to Planning and Building Standards
· Competitive daily rate
· Long term full time contract
· Opportunity to improve and develop within the public sector
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career within the public sector and make a real difference within a well established department
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please apply today with an up to date CV and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND