Are looking for a new contract challenge in the public sector?
ASA Recruitment are working with a large scale Public body are on the search for an established Internal Auditor to join, vibrant operational team working across Scotland.
The Internal Auditor Role:
- Provide and professional independent and objective assurance and consulting service providing guidance and advice to the client.
- Undertake specific internal audits identified within a set established internal audit plan
- To assist in the preparation of the clients Internal Audit Plan in accordance with the UK Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and any other relevant standards.
- Attendance at the Audit & Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC) for the review and reporting of internal Audits undertaken and recommendations identified
- Liaison with relevant external bodies and local authorities as required.
- To undertake investigations on behalf of the client where fraud is identified or suspected and to make recommendations to the Service on management actions required.
Successful candidates for the Internal Auditor role will need:
- You will be a professionally qualified Internal Auditor with membership of a recognised body, i.e. CIIA, CCAB, undertaking audits in accordance with the UK Public Sector Internal Audit Standards.
- Must be credible with staff, creating conditions to build confident and effective teams that empower, value and motivate people.
- Ability to demonstrate recent internal audit experience – current experience would be a big advantage.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience of producing written reports/observations/findings.
- The ability to attend meetings across Scotland on behalf of the client.
In Return, you’ll get:
- To chance work in an autonomous role that puts an emphasis on self-learning and team work
- A competitive salary, based fairly on individual experience
- A 9 to 5 role with a generous public sector holiday package
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right Candidate; if you feel that’s you, then apply online today with your current CV and we’ll be in touch directly.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND