Are you a Health & Safety Manager looking for a new challenge?
ASA Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager for a permanent position within an ever-expanding business based in Blantyre. This role is an office-based role Monday to Friday 8-5.
Your new role
As the Health & Safety Manager, you will play a critical role in ensuring the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained for employees, contractors and visitors across the organisation. You will also be responsible for developing & implementing policies and procedures, conducting safety audits, and providing training as required to all staff to ensure the business remains fully compliant against all regulations, whilst mitigating any potential accidents or breaches occurring. The role will demand a degree of flexibility from the post holder to deal with various tasks simultaneously, accurately and within reasonable timescales to meet business needs. Training will be provided where necessary. This is a stand-alone position.
You will be responsible for
· Working as part of the Management Team to ensure safe working practices are followed and to advise & coach Management on all H&S processes.
· Supervise and oversee the Blantyre Depot in the Operations Manager’s absence, including opening & closing the Depot.
· Responsible for keeping up to date, communicating and implementing any changes to H&S legislation, including ensuring all procedures, rules and regulations are regularly reviewed.
· Continue communication with HRHS consultancy to bounce ideas off, get opinions or guidance on specific situations, and to review new H&S documentation put together.
· Being proactive to identify H&S risks, any potential hazards, and recommending actions to minimise & reduce risk to the business.
· UK presence in carrying out accident investigations, including collection of evidence, interviewing of staff, witness statements & implementing corrective/preventive actions.
· Maintain ISO 45001 and ensure ongoing site compliance.
· Undertaking risk assessments, SSOW, method statements, and site inspections.
· Supplying RAMS to clients for TMS works.
· Hold and Chair Health and Safety meetings and training courses for employees – forward updates to the Chairman and Operations Director where necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed
· NEBOSH General Certificate and IOSH member
· Ability to work collaboratively to support internal staff and external stakeholders and ensure outcomes are delivered.
· Good up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and fire legislation, combined with best practice.
· Full UK Driving License.
· Experience in working in a high volume, fast paced environment.
· Ability to inspire, motivate and influence others.
In return we can offer
· Salary of £40,000 per annum with an immediate start available
· £1k sign on bonus after successful completion of the probationary period.
· 30 hours appointment leave after 6 months service.
· 29 days annual leave entitlement per holiday year, inclusive of bank holidays, with length of service holiday accrual.
· After 6 months service with the Company, you will receive a fantastic comprehensive private health care plan with benefits including access to a GP, prescriptions, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A office based working permanent position, with a market competitive salary within an organisation that puts their key principles first. If you feel this is the right challenge for you, apply online today with your current CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND