ASA Recruitment are currently looking to recruit a full-time Health and Safety Advisor for an initial 5 month contract.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of health and safety professionals to provide health and safety support to Senior Advisor in ensuring the delivery of an efficient and effective Health and Safety Service to our public sector client.
· To research and analyse a range of Health and Safety information, identify areas of concern through trend analysis, and prepare and provide reports to Directorate/Service Delivery managers to assist in the management of health and safety including, the completion of Health and Safety assessments, and to identify actions necessary to promote and improve safety standards.
· To provide up to date safety advice that is consistent with the Management system and legislation and reflects the needs of front line service delivery so far as is reasonably practicable through membership of established managerial groups, formalised meeting structures and ad hoc requests.
· To liaise with internal and external stakeholders such as the Health and Safety Executive as directed.
· Support procurement processes for operational equipment by supporting the development of technical specifications incorporating the outcomes of Work Equipment risk assessments.
· Champion and promote a culture of safe working practices and legal compliance through the promotion of health and safety best practice, and the provision of training to Managers in Health and Safety procedures such as Risk Assessment, Method Statements, and Accident Investigation
· To carry out any other duties consistent with the post as may be required by the Senior Health and Safety Adviser and Health and Safety Manager
Successful candidates for the Health and Safety Advisor role will need:
This is a contract role which would look fantastic on any CV and could lead to limitless new challenges for the right candidate. If this role matches your skills and previous experience in either the public or private sector then apply online today with your current CV and we’ll be in touch directly
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND