Are you an experienced Devops Engineer ready for your next contract in the Scottish public sector?
Our client are currently looking for a Senior Devops Engineer on a 6 month contract with extensions, primarily responsible for implementing, managing and supporting the Linux estate on-prem and in the cloud.
The Specialist will:
· Be expected to attend all associated Agile ceremonies and make use of collaborative tooling (Slack, Skype, Google Docs, Confluence, Jira).
· Adopt current, established ways of working and advise on improving them. The specialist will be pro-active in identifying areas to improve.
· Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
· Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
· Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
· Take responsibility for their work
· Share knowledge and experience with other team members
· Challenge the status quo
· Be comfortable standing up for their discipline
· Be able to work with clients with low technical expertise
· 3+ years in a practical DevOps role
· Can demonstrate practical experience with RedHat/CentOS/Amazon Linux
· Can demonstrate practical experience with containers and container orchestration
· Experience building secure solutions on Kubernetes, ideally AWS EKS
· Experience building secure solutions using Hashicorp tooling: Terraform and Vault
· Experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences
· 3+ years coding with Python, Ansible
· Demonstrable experience of using VCS (Version Control System) in team environments (eg, git, GitHub, BitBucket)
· Demonstrable experience delivering CI/CD pipelines
· Able to demonstrate mentoring colleagues in automation, security, and reliability, within a DevOps context
· Demonstrable experience of identifying manual processes suitable for automation
· Can demonstrate a firm grasp of DevOps and Agile methodologies
· Demonstrable experience of Puppet, Nexus
· Worked in a GitOps driven environment
Able to demonstrate they have worked in regulated environments (eg, finance, government)
What’s in it for me:
6 month, day rate contract with expected extensions to 23 months
Please send an up to date version of your cv for consideration
Outside Scope IR35
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND