We are seeking an experienced Data Quality Analyst for a contract role with a prominent public body in Scotland.
This crucial position involves ensuring data standards and quality, collaborating with internal stakeholders, and supporting a multidisciplinary group focused on data-related activities.
The successful candidate will play a key role in advancing data quality within the organisation.
The role can be based in either Glasgow or Dundee with hybrid working, typically 2 days per week in the office.
The role is outside of IR35 and offers an initial contract until the end of March 2024.
· Contribute to the development and upkeep of a data standards framework, encompassing policies, processes, rules, and tools.
· Monitor the data quality process, identifying patterns of data quality issues, applying remediation plans, implementing data controls, and managing data quality remediation strategies throughout the data life cycle.
· Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and partners, including Data Management Lead, Data Standards Officer, Data Governance Officer, Business Analysts, and Data Architects.
· Define and implement a Data Quality Improvement process in coordination with the Data Management Lead and Data Standards Officer.
· Support the Chief Data Officer and Data Management Lead in promoting a data quality mindset within the organisation.
· Evaluate and assess data and its structure for suitability to business objectives, security objectives, and safeguarding objectives in collaboration with Information Governance.
· Create data quality artefacts, including models and procedures that are easily utilised.
· Analyse data sets, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present findings to the team and stakeholders.
· Support the process to embed data quality into the development process and maintain these processes.
· Collaborate with the data team to ensure technical processes are in place to maintain data integrity and safeguard data.
· Proficiency in translating technical language into plain business language.
· Prior experience working within an IT or Transformation team.
· Strong troubleshooting skills for technical issues and identifying necessary modifications in existing processes.
· Capable of writing technical procedures and documentation, such as process and policy documents.
· Adept understanding and experience in data quality and data processes principles and best practices within a large, complex organisation.
· Exceptional attention to detail and an ability to analyse complex situations to derive practical solutions.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on building strong relationships and driving value through continuous improvement.
· Adaptability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid changes to deliver quality outcomes.
· Understanding of Data Management, Information Governance, Product Management, and Business Process Improvement.
· Ability to consult and enable decision-making.
· Experience with recognised best practice methodologies in Data Quality Management.
· Proficiency in using technical tools such as SQL to analyse data sets.
· Thorough understanding of the benefits of Data Quality, including critical data, personal data, data categorisation/classification, and dimensions.
Package on Offer:
· Initial contract until end of March 2024.
· Outside of IR35.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply directly or send your CV to Sam Barker at ASA Recruitment.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND