ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for a CNC Machinist for their client based just south of Aberdeen.
Responsible for the production of finished parts against route cards, drawings and CNC programmes. Working with a variety of CNC machines including Fanuc and Mori Seiki controls. Required to work overtime on a regular basis to meet operational requirements. Responsible for completion of allocated jobs often working to deadlines.
* Correctly book all working hours on and off time collector and report any failed bookings immediately to supervisor.
* Ensure all cleaning duties are performed. All gauges are cleaned prior to and after use. The machine is cleaned at the end of each shift and oil levels are correct and ensure that the work area is cleaned at the end of each shift.
* Ensure the care and maintenance of all machinery and equipment used. Identify any faults and report the immediately to the Supervisor.
* Load CNC programmes via DNC link, ensuring it’s returned with relevant edits at the end of each job.
* Set up CNC and carry out program edits to optimise production.
* Product and inspect finished API and proprietary connections to drawings, procedures and programmes as set by supervisor within times set out on route cards, production sheet and production targets.
* Working with engineering drawings with due attention to controlled machining tolerance to ensure parts are produced correct first time.
* Put on hold any parts out with specification and inform supervisor.
* Report any failures in quality or efficiency, so that they can be identified and investigated with assistance for the supervisor.
* Any methods or procedures identified that can improve quality and efficiency should be reported to the supervisor.
* Accurately record and maintain quality records.
* Sign off route cards to indicate an operation has been completed and inspected.
* Return tools to storage and damaged tools to the tool room.
* Time served with HNC/C&G or NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience.
* Ability to operate CNC machines with basic programming skills.
* Ability to use standard inspection gauges and equipment.
* Ability to use API and proprietary inspections gauges.
* Capable of understanding and reading engineering drawings.
* Relevant shop floor experience
* Good Communication skills
If interested in this exciting opportunity. Please send CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND