Are you an experienced Buyer looking for your next challenge in the Public Sector?
ASA are working alongside a public sector organisation who are looking for a professional Buyer to join their Buyers Team for an initial 6 month contract, based in Port Glasgow.
The Buyer Role:
- Assume procurement responsibility in order to meet customer expectations focusing on quality and delivery on-time ensuring value for money.
- Process purchase orders.
- Support delivery of client’s targets through delivering material requirements of the right quality, on-time, in-full and at a competitive cost.
- Ensure all supplier interactions are carried out in a professional manner.
- Understand the needs of the customer (internal & external). Taking action and ownership to prevent problems and exceed expectations.
Successful candidates for the Buyer role will need:
- MCIPS, related degree level qualification or relevant experience required.
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets and work under pressure.
- Have sufficient numerical skills to interpret statistics and make good commercial decisions.
- A strong ability to communicate and present to an array of different stakeholders.
- Basic Disclosure is required.
The successful candidate will get:
- An Immediate start for this role.
- A 9 to 5 role with a generous holiday package in comparison to the private sector.
- Weekly pay as part of an ongoing interim contract.
- The chance to gain experience and work with a large scale and prestigious employer.
If this role matches your skills and previous experience in either the public or private sector; apply online today.
This role is Inside IR35
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND