Are you a qualified Building Standards Surveyor looking for a new and challenging opportunity?
ASA Recruitment are currently look for a Building Standards Surveyor to Assist in the implementation and delivery of Building Standards services. The successful candidate will maximise efficiency of service delivery within specific standards and approved budgets and in accordance with the organisations legal and statutory obligations and its policies and plans with a commitment to achieve best value.
Main duties include:
· Assess & Process both electronic and paper applications for building warrant and amendment to ensure compliance with Building Standards Regulations
· Inspect buildings, works and projects to ensure compliance with the conditions of warrant and Building Standards Regulations and for the purposes of issuing/accepting certificates of completion and certificates of temporary occupation
· Maintain accurate electronic or paper detailed records of all inspections and investigations
· Investigate and prepare reports, collect evidence and represent the organisation at Court as a witness in the enforcement of Building Standards Regulations and associated legislation
· Assess and issue requests for letters of comfort and property enquiries certificates
· Initiate appropriate action in cases of contravention or unauthorised work. Initiate appropriate action in cases of dangerous buildings
· Provide advice and guidance on the requirements of the Building Standards Regulations
· Contribute to the preparation and implementation of Team Plans and the Service Plan for service delivery aligned with the organisations plan
· Contribute to the development and implementation of the organisations policies and procedures, as required
· Develop and sustain effective internal and external relationships and appropriate partnerships in relation to the service being provided
· Support a culture of continuous improvement using management information and customer feedback
· Promote a positive image of Engineering and Building services by providing excellent Customer Care
· Promote the organisations vision and values and a corporate culture that is positive, customer focussed and supports employee engagement to the highest standards
· Educated to HND/Degree Level or equivalent level in Building Surveying or relevant discipline and/or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and competencies gained through previous experience in site surveying, construction technology and the conversion and adaptation of buildings
· Experience of Scottish Law for Construction and the Statutory Control of Buildings
If you are interested in this Building Standards Surveyor role, please apply by clicking the link below!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND