ASA Recruitment in partnership with one of our prestigious public sector clients are currently in the market for a planning officer on an ongoing contract.
· To undertake the planning application process including plan vetting, site inspections, approval of planning applications, appeals and planning committees
· To monitor the dispensation of planning conditions, initiating the appropriate enforcement action, as required
· To liaise with Scottish Government, private sector organisations and other local authorities on planning best practice and guidelines
· Contribute to monitoring, compliance and audit procedures in the service
· Responsible for managing the timely response to queries from councillors, media and other stakeholders in accordance with council procedures
· Degree in planning or related discipline
· Demonstrable experience in a planning environment
· Experience of dealing with public enquiries
· Full membership of the R.T.P.I.
· Competitive daily rate
· Long term full time contract
· Opportunity to improve and develop within the public sector
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career within the public sector and make a real difference within a well established department
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please apply today with an up to date CV and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND