ASA Recruitment are recruiting for a Nightshift Inspector for our renowned engineering client based in the Altens area of Aberdeen.
The role is to carry out inspections on machined and fabricated components and to maintain records of all inspection operations.
* Carry out dimensional, hardness and surface condition inspections in accordance with specifications and work instructions.
* Liaise with customer’s quality and engineering departments in relation to production and inspection operations.
* Maintain records of all inspections carried out, in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System
* Understand and apply the requirements of the Quality Management System and in particular to the requirements for inspection and production
* Follow the requirements of quality plans, route sheets and specific work instructions
* Record results of inspections on formats that are specified by the QA Department
*Carry out internal calibration activities on Workshop Measuring Equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System
Knowledge & Experience
* Have a working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & QHSAS 18001
* Have a working knowledge of NDT practices. ASNT level 2. MPI & DPI
* Hold an academic or technical qualification in either a mechanical engineering or quality discipline to demonstrate capability
* Safe use and operation of Overhead Gantry Cranes and lifting accessories
* Working experience with imperial and metric units
* Experience of BOP’s and surface/subsea drill through equipment
Excellent salary and overtime rates. Company benefits also included.
If interested in this exciting opportunity. Please send your CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND