Our client is looking for a LGV 2 driver to start Monday 23rd May 2022 in and around Aberdeen City.
37 hours per week Monday – Friday.
· Undertake LGV driving.
· Collect, transfer and dispose of recyclable and residual waste.
· Mechanical operation skills of allocated waste collection, hook lift lorries, mechanical street sweepers and other equipment.
· Assist crew members in carrying out their duties and ensure they do so in a safe and efficient manner.
· Carry out non driving duties when required including a range of manual tasks such as loading wheeled bins, bags and bulky uplifts.
· Take individual responsibility for care and operation of loads.
· Accurate completion of all documentation relating to the Duty of Care and administration for Waste Transfer and vehicle legislation.
· Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), the councils Health and Safety Policy and all agreed Safe Systems of Work.
· Wear the provided personal protective equipment including Hi-Vis items of safety clothing and boots at all times.
· Maintain vehicle/equipment in clean and serviceable manner. Record all defects on the vehicle defect form and inform your line manager.
Qualifications and training:
· Category C driving licence (can drive vehicles over 3,500 kg).
· Current ordinary driving licence.
· Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
· Holder of a digital drivers tacograph card.
Essential experience / knowledge and skills
· Knowledge of High Way code.
· Ability to communicate with others effectively.
· Ability to use own initiative and also able to follow instructions.
· The capacity to cope with demanding work from a physical perspective with the ability to lift as outlined in the Manual Handling guidelines.
If this is the role for you then please apply via the link with an up to date CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND