We are currently recruiting for Cooks to work within care homes throughout Fife including Methil, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy and surrounding areas.
If you are dedicated and take great pride in your job, we are looking for you. Hours may vary from 9 am until 5.30pm.
As a cook, we would expect.
· Preparing, cooking, and serving food
· Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
· Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
· Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
· Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
· A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
· Interacting with our service users daily
· Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments, or complaints
· PVG member – application can be done through ASA at a cost to yourself
We’d also expect that you will hold a food hygiene certificate, City and Guilds 706 1 and 2 or equivalent HNC/HND, or Scotvec, and have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection and promoting good health and safety practices.
Working for ASA, you can expect:
· Holidays based on amount of working hours
· Pension plan.
· Refer a friend scheme – Up to £250 Love to Shop Vouchers
· Weekly Pay £13.00 per hour
· Flexibility to choose your shifts
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND