ASA are currently looking for a Contracts Officer for our client based in Edinburgh or Inverness. This is a temporary assignment with an expected duration of at least 6 months. It is a full-time post with 37 working hours per week and a competitive daily rate.
The successful candidate will report to and support the Contracts Manager to deliver a professional contract management service for our client's Business Services Teams, complying with all statutory regulations and policy.
The main responsibilities of the Contracts Officer include 3 key areas listed below:
Contract Performance and Management:
* Modifying contracts within scope of the Public Procurement Legislation, including price and scope.
* Carry out reviews of terms and conditions and carry out changes, a current area of work being novation of contracts.
* Ensure that contracts within your portfolio are delivered to the required standards and provide value for money through cost savings and other benefits or opportunities. Promoting value add contribution, realising additional savings and benefits.
* Proactively identify and manage any risks which may impact on a supplier's ability to deliver the contract requirements to the desired standards.
* Work with suppliers and colleagues to ensure that contracts are effectively administered, ensuring all parties recognise and understand their contractual roles and responsibilities.
* Contract Monitoring and Reporting:
* Implement formal systems of monitoring, managing and continuously improving supplier and the Organisation's performance against the contract.
* Monitor overall compliance to Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements and implement improvement plans in the event of under-performance.
Contract Lifecycle and Supplier Management:
* Developing supplier relationships to maximise efficiency, collaborate towards common goals and reduce waste, environmental or social risks.
* Support the achievement of strategic goals, such as attracting and measuring Community Benefits and sustainability requirements through the contract.
* Identify and use lessons learned to inform future tenders and contract terms and strategies.
The requirements for the Contract Officer include:
* Experience in a contract management/procurement role and experience in establishing the commercial needs of customers and stakeholders for the procurement of goods, works and services and or management of the contract lifecycle.
* Understanding of the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 and the EU Procurement Directive.
* Experience of analysing competitive forces, trends and market activity.
* Experience of contract drafting, reviewing Terms and Conditions, and compliant contract modification of price or scope.
* Qualified to degree level or CIPs.
* Experience of working within the Scottish Public Sector Procurement legal framework.
* Experience of managing change and continuous improvement.
* Thorough knowledge and practical experience of partnership working, developing and maintaining effective engagement with internal customers and external stakeholders.
If you are interested in this Contracts Officer role based in either Edinburgh or Inverness, do not delay any further and apply today!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND