ASA Recruitment are looking for a full time, experienced Building Standards Surveyor to join an expanding public sector team in Scotland's Central belt.
The successful candidate can be from a private or public sector background and will be responsible for assessing applications for building warrants, completion certificate submissions and a range of other associated duties in line with strict Scottish building legislation.
This 9-5, Monday to Friday Building Standards Surveyor role is based in East Dunbartonshire and initially for a period of 12 months.
The Building Standards Surveyor role comprises of:
· Working autonomously to ensure the effective provision of building standards services as a verifier under the Building (Scotland) act 2003.
· Responsibility to ensure statutory requirements of the building standards process across a range of domestic and non-domestic capital projects.
· Assisting in the response to reports of dangerous buildings and provide advice to the public in an efficient, effective and economic manner.
· Assessment of various completion certification submissions.
Successful candidates for the Building Standards Surveyor role will require:
· Extensive experience of the legislative requirements, procedures and framework of the building standards system in Scotland.
· Experience in working autonomously to read and interpret construction plans and specifications and relate them to relevant site inspections.
· Strong , diagnostic, analytic and advisory skills with an ability to use these skills to communicate and influence both key stake holders and a close professional team.
· A current, Valid UK driver's licence.
The successful candidate will get:
· The chance to become an integral part of a reputable public body.
· The Chance to work across a huge array of different projects in a number of unique sectors.
· A competitive salary, based fairly on individual experience.
· Flexibility in work location and a generous holiday allowance in comparison to similar roles in the private sector.
This is a rare opportunity for a fantastic role as a Building Standards Surveyor for the right candidate. If you this role matches your skills and previous experience, then apply online today with your current CV and we'll be in touch immediately.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND