ASA recruitment are looking for Home Care Support Workers in North West Edinburgh and surrounding area. As a Home Carer you need to have a caring go to get personality and be a hard worker with flexibility to work on a rota basis. Being a driver is also a plus. And the benefit of this Home Care opportunity is you get paid per shift and not contact time.
- To be responsible for assisting and enabling service users with personal, practical and social support activities of daily living that may include light domestic assistance.
- Support and encourage service users to regain, maintain or develop daily living skills and the confidence to carry them out independently. This means working alongside service users rather than doing it for them.
- To provide basic advice and information to service users on the range of services available to them or affecting them e.g. leisure, benefits etc.
- Provide assistance with managing continence, helping service users to use the toilet or commode and changing incontinence pads, emptying and changing catheter bags, colostomy bags as part of the enablement program.
- Assist service users to maintain an appropriate diet and fluid intake through advising and directly preparing meals and drinks if appropriate.
- Provide support with medical tasks and the management of prescribed medication.
- Assist the service user in carrying out light general housework, vacuuming, dusting, changing bed linen, keeping kitchen bathroom and living areas clean and tidy.
- You need to have 6 month practical experience of all of the above to apply and be successful for the Home Care Support Worker role in Edinburgh.
You will also need to be able to communicate and work alongside other professional healthcare staff including; Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, District Nurses and Pharmacists.
In return we offer the successful Home Care staff -
-Flexible working hours.
-Dedicated support team for advice and career development.
-Competitive hourly rates starting from £8.75/hour and paid weekly.
If you are interested in and have the experience for the role of Home Care Support Worker and live in the Edinburgh area please apply with your CV today.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND