For a prestigious higher education institution in Edinburgh we are seeking an experienced learning and development professional to work in an innovative dynamic team.
This Training consultant position is to begin on 7th January and will run for a duration of nine months, working over a 35 hour week in central Edinburgh. The rate of pay has been agreed at £300 per day, with additional pension contributions and holiday pay accrued.
The ideal candidate will come from a background in training, working with different learning technologies, ideally within a higher education environment.
Responsibilities will include:
* To support an institution-wide project to provide students with courses on Blackboard Learn (the University's virtual learning
environment) that meet their needs and provide the staff who design courses with the relevant skills, knowledge and guidance to do so.
* To work in partnership with the Project Team, the Project Board and the Learn Service Team to lead on the training workstream including
planning and delivery of staff training, project reporting and attending project meetings:
- Review, evaluate, and report on existing training programme for Blackboard Learn and related learning and teaching technologies.
- Working closely with key stakeholders, including academic and academic-support colleagues from across the University, to
establish requirements for a revised programme of training.
- Design and develop a programme of training events and resources to be delivered as, face to face sessions and self-service online
materials including courses and guides.
- Co-ordinate and manage the programme of events, and report on uptake and attendance (book rooms, manage events using our
online event booking facility, record attendance).
- Deliver information and training sessions.
- Write communications to publicise the training programme.
- Gather and use feedback to revise and improve the programme.
* Good understanding of learning and development principles and practices.
* Demonstrable experience of designing, developing and delivering training and resources at scale, both face-to-face and online.
* Demonstrable experience of working in a project environment and delivering training programmes to project timescales and budget.
* Capable of managing stakeholder relationships, including liaising and forming effective working relationships at an operational level.
* Evidence of excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex information effectively.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Ability and willingness to work independently and proactively.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
* A recognised qualification or certification in learning and development or training, or equivalent expertise.
* Knowledge of relevant issues and adjustments appropriate for working with users with disabilities and assistive technologies.
If this sounds like you, then please apply today via the link below.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND