ASA are currently looking for a Lead Intelligence Officer for one of our clients based in Aberdeen. This a temporary role for a duration of 3 months and day rate of around £120.00 per day dependant on experience.
Reporting to the Intelligence Manager, the post holder will support the principles of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and developing processes and procedures required for the different government organisations to work effectively.
Main Responsibilities of the Lead Intelligence Officer role include:
* Supervise, guide, support and direct the work of staff in the collection, recording, analysis and dissemination of criminal intelligence.
* Ensure intelligence is prioritised according to its urgency.
* Provide and co-ordinate the collation and appropriate dissemination of coherent, authoritative reports, bulletins, briefings, etc.
* Produce high quality intelligence packages that are comprehensive, timely for the government investigative function.
* Supervise the government covert functions and perform the role of Covert Human Intelligence Source (CHIS) Handler.
* Organise and undertake the training role in respect of government covert surveillance and CHIS functions.
* Build and maintain effective working relationships and act as a point of contact.
* Provide expert support and guidance on all intelligence matters.
* Provide financial intelligence and/or open source capabilities to support operational activity as required.
* Provide clear and focused oral and written briefings.
* Lead a small team.
* Comply with our client's policy and guidance concerning issues of diversity and discrimination.
* Manage the day to day security, safety, maintenance and updating of all records.
* Collaborating where necessary with key stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach.
* Ensure that information and intelligence is managed and disseminated in accordance with the appropriate data protection legislation.
* Undertake other duties as directed by supervisors.
* Perform out of hours on-call duties as required.
Main Essential Requirements of the Lead Intelligence Officer role include:
* Substantial current role-related experience in intelligence development activities within a law enforcement or intelligence agency environment.
* Excellent understanding and substantial role-related use of the National Intelligence Model.
* Substantial role-related experience in a confidential law enforcement type environment and knowledge of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act 2000 (RIPSA).
If you believe you have what it takes to be a Lead Intelligence Officer, then do not delay any further and apply for this Aberdeen based role.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND