ASA Recruitment's new client is looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace new challenges in their Coventry office. This vacancy is an opportunity to play a key part in the further growth of one of the fastest growing companies in the geotechnical sector.
Our client's geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of their people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering. The company foresees a bright future as they strengthen their technical expertise in growth areas, such as Energy, Mass Transit and Major Infrastructure.
As the successful Geotechnical Engineer our duties will be mainly related to the preparation and management of site investigation projects from inception to completion and the preparation of desk studies environmental and geotechnical interpretative reports in the Coventry and Midlands area.
* Carry out logging of soil and rock samples.
* Supervise and assist in the preparation of factual reports.
* Logging and supervision of trial pits.
* Supervision and logging of boreholes.
* Gas and ground water monitoring.
* In-Situ geotechnical soil testing.
* Preparation and management of site investigation projects.
* Monitor and order supplies, plant and equipment as required.
* Liaising with clients and sub-contractors to ensure the successful completion of projects.
* Prepare tenders and job costings.
* Production of desk studies.
* Assisting in the production of geotechnical interpretative reports and foundation design.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering / Earth Sciences/Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology or relevant subject is desirable.
* Excellent IT skills - extensive knowledge of MS Office applications and geotechnical databases.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
* Flexible, able to work on own initiative.
* Capable of prioritising own workload to establish the levels of risk posed by different activities.
* At least 2 years of previous relevant experience.
The Geotechnical Engineer opportunity comes with a market-leading flexible salary and benefit package.
If you are interested in applying for the position of the Geotechnical Engineer in Coventry please apply online with an up to date CV and we will get in touch.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND