Due to continuing growth across their business ASA Recruitment's client has a vacancy for an experienced Fit Out Estimator to work in their Glasgow office.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager the successful Fit Out Estimator will work from their Glasgow head office within an already established and experienced team of Estimators.
* Submit tenders/estimates within deadlines set
* Carrying out valuations and producing interim applications for payments which will include preliminaries, measured works, materials on and off site, loss and expense claims, variations and retention etc
* Monitoring and control of spending
* Assist in financial reporting and CVRs i.e. reporting on and forecasting costs, income, and cash flow
* Preparing budgets, price documents and putting together sub-contractor packages
* Finalising tender submissions with the commercial team
* Attending mid and post tender interviews and dealing with post tender queries
What you need to succeed:
* Proven experience as an Estimator or similar position
* Fit Out/Joinery sector experience essential
* A BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent (HNC or equivalent qualification in a construction related subject)
* Works well as part of a wider team, able to build collaborative and sustainable relationships across the company
* Demonstrate strong commercial acumen, along with excellent organisation and planning skills
* Subscribe to high standards and a strong work ethic
* Excellent analytical skills and conversant with good reporting methodology
* Excellent IT skills and fully conversant with MS Word/Excel. A knowledge of Sage/Construct would be useful but not essential
What you will get in return:
* Annual salary to be negotiated, depending on exact experience
* Great work environment
* Opportunity to develop and progress within the company
If you are interested in applying for the position of the Fit Out Estimator in Glasgow, please apply online with an up to date CV and we will get in touch.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND