ASA are looking to recruit an experienced Clerical Officer for one of our public sector client's offices in Forfar, Angus.
This is a temporary assignment with a duration of 1 to 2 months with an immediate start date and full-time working hours.
The main responsibilities for this Clerical Officer role include:
* Carrying out a range of routine procedures and instructions using initiative to make routine decisions
* Interpreting information and/or situations and solving generally similar problems
* Processing confidential, personal and sensitive information
* Reception duties
* Telephone operation, routine filing and collation, mail duties and photocopying
* Data inputting and complex word processing and/or the use of a range of software packages
* Meet all deadlines - both planned and ad hoc as directed by team leader
* Processing a range of financial documents eg orders, invoices and claim forms and resolving queries/anomalies
* Preparing standard reports
* Seeking and providing information from and to work colleagues and/or members of the public
* To comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the council's full privacy statement and service privacy notices.
To be considered for the Clerical Officer role you must have:
* Two National 5 Certificates or a relevant Modern Apprenticeship/NC Level 5/SVQ Level 2 in Administration, or equivalent qualification; or relevant office experience
* Willingness to undertake mandatory information governance training
* Good written and spoken communication skills
* Good customer care skills and experience of dealing with the public
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
* Knowledge of and recent experience with payroll and financial processes/documents
* Ability to work on their own initiative but also as part of a team
* European Computer Driving Licence or relevant knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will be working within an environment where supervision, guidance and support are readily available.
If you believe you cover all the requirements above and are someone who can produce accurate work and meet strict deadline, then do not hesitate and apply today for this Clerical Officer position based in Forfar, Angus.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND