ASA Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and career minded Manufacturing & Production Manager to join a prestigious, high quality manufacturing business in Aberdeen. This is an exciting time for the client's business and with increasing demand for their products locally, nationally and internationally the successful candidate will perform a key role in increasing operational efficiency, meeting customer expectations and shaping the future of this iconic brand.
Reporting to the client's Director, the successful Manufacturing & Production Manager will be a manufacturing professional with a proven track record for increasing the manufacturing and production efficiency of all areas of the business including operations, production, quality, warehousing, maintenance and customer services whilst taking shared responsibility for the continued growth of the business.
* Championing Health and Safety, Environmental and Risk, Quality and Productivity
* Lead and manage the development of all manufacturing, production and operational activities, ensuring these areas progress in line with business plan
* Production planning - delivering high levels of customer satisfaction by developing, setting and ensuring production quality and deadlines
* Performance management including identification and introduction of metrics, using these to manage and improve performance against short and long term goals
* Developing and managing quality assurance programmes with rigorous adherence to systems and procedures
* Supply chain management - focusing on supplier relationships, service, quality and cost
* Budget management
* Staff - maintaining appropriate staff levels whilst developing individual and team skills to support and fulfil staff potential and aspirations in a developing manufacturing landscape
* Promotion of the company core values culture
* Developing and managing the new product introduction process
* Developing and implementing an asset management strategy
Importantly our client always wants to recruit great people that align well with their company core values. They are particularly keen to employ people who share their passion for quality, service and sustainability and as such the following are important attributes for the successful candidate to possess:
* Extensive experience in a manufacturing and production role
* Exposure to implementing a 'continuous improvement' cultural change
* Production planning experience is essential
* Strong leadership skills and an excellent understanding of implementing effective manufacturing techniques
* You experience would ideally have been gained within a batch manufacturing or assembly type environment
* Strong communication skills and the ability to engage people at all levels
* Formal training and certification in NEBOSH/IOSH
* Ability to prioritise work load and excellent organisational skills
* Proficient in the use of IT tools and social media
* Ability to work under pressure whilst meeting exacting time constraints
* Disciplined and diligent in maintaining reports, tenders and contractual paperwork
* Urgent and responsive - to staff and customer business needs
* Results orientated - enthusiastic, energetic and committed
This is a great career opportunity where you can develop your skills and career aspirations within a highly regarded market leader and professional team. An excellent package dependent upon experience and track record is offered along with support in your professional and personal development, provided and encouraged through an extensive training programme.
Proof of the right to work in the UK along with a full driving licence are both essential for this role.
If you are interested in this Manufacturing & Production Manager opportunity in Aberdeen then please apply with your up to date CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND