Are you currently working within the care sector and looking for a new flexible and exciting role that would give you a sense of fulfilment?
We are recruiting for a Social Care Officer for one of our public centre clients within the area of Forfar. This is a temporary assignment with a total duration of three months and a salary of £10.28-£11.23 per hour depending on experience. Typical pattern of work for the Social Care Officer role would be a variation of early and late shifts.
Main responsibilities include:
* Provide direct care, support and supervision to children and young people
* Preparation and presentation of written records, assessments and formal reports
* Contribute to and implement care plans
* Undertake co-working responsibilities which will include individual and group work
* Ensure that the children, young people and their families are consulted, informed and supported
* Promote and maintain the rights of children and young people and their carers
* Contribute to the protection and welfare of children and young people to ensure that their safety is paramount in all cases
* Contribute to the effective delivery and development of the service, including health and safety
* Act as shift co-ordinator when required
* Participate in continuous professional development, and contribute to the learning of others
* Experience of working with children and young people
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Good counselling skills
* Flexible approach to work
* Registration with SSSC within 6 months from date of appointment
* Ability to become a member of the PVG Scheme
* HNC in Social Care (or SSSC equivalent)
* SCQF Level 7 in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People)(or achieve within 3 years)
Believe you have got the experience needed to be a Social Care Officer? Then do not delay and apply for the opportunity to be part of our client's friendly team based in Forfar.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND