Would you be interested in working for one of Europe's fastest growing vehicle providers?
Our client in Dalgety Bay, Fife is currently seeking experienced Mechanical Fitters to work within the refuse and recycling vehicle production site.
This role would initially be a temporary role and may lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The purpose of the role is to manufacture refuge collection vehicles whilst maintaining targets for safety, quality and performance.
Main duties and responsibilities of a Mechanical Fitter include:
· Preparing chassis prior to mounting to dies
· Observe all safety regulations and report any unsafe working conditions to supervisor
· Ensure work area is tidy and hazard free
· Reporting any defect tools to the production supervisor
· Reporting any health and safety issues or concerns to the production supervisor
Skills/Qualifications needed to be considered for Mechanical Fitter role:
· Time served mechanic
· Working experience with pumps, PTOs or similar
· Ability to read and interpret drawings
· Familiar with electrical control systems
· Welding experience
· Some hydraulic systems experience
· Previous experience working within a strong safety culture
To be considered for the role of Mechanical Fitter:
· Able to demonstrate a positive attitude to new ideas
· Good communication skills to build robust working relationships with other departments across the business
· Support other team members in time of pressure
· Feel confident to contribute in team meetings and carry out agreed action points
· Ensure work is focused on the needs of each customer
· Adapt easily to working patterns and be proactively flexible with company needs
· Able to accept ownership and accountability for tasks assigned
In return our client are offering:
· Long-term career opportunities to the right candidates
· A competitive rate of pay up to £10.48 per hour
· The chance to develop skills and progress in the company
If you feel you have the background and experience for this Mechanical Fitter role, please apply with an up to date CV and we will be in touch.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND