Are you a qualified Occupational Therapist who has a particular focus on reablement and has a commitment to helping people make choices for themselves? If you are able to communicate in an effective manner and have the skills to handle difficult situations then this Occupational Therapist role could be for you. Working within a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team based in West Lothian, this initial 3 month contract will allow you to work Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week, accrue holidays and earn £18 per hour.
As an Occupational Therapist you will undertake a short term ongoing assessment to a range of adult and older people service users. The ethos of the team is on reablement, improving/maintaining quality of life and assisting people to live in their own homes in the community for as long as possible by providing a range of services with the aim of:
· Preventing unnecessary admissions to hospital and care homes
· Facilitating the early and supported discharge of patients from hospital
· Incorporating technology as part of the assessment process
To be considered for this rewarding role in West Lothian you must have the following:
· Recognised Social Work, Health, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy qualification
· Experience/knowledge of the ethos of a reablement approach as part of the assessment process
· Knowledge of Telecare and its application within an assessment process in the community
· Driving licence
· Adult PVG
If this Occupational Therapist role sounds like the opportunity for you then please click the link below to apply. We would love to hear from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND