Our client is a leading design and consultancy company who provide engineering services to a wide base of public and private clients throughout the UK from their offices in central Scotland.
They are generally involved in the design of residential, commercial and industrial building projects and undertakes large regeneration and brownfield remediation works.
Due to an increasing workload they have a vacancy for a Senior Structural Engineer who will be primarily involved in the structural design of building projects in their Glasgow Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing structural calculations and details for a wide range of building projects.
Main role responsibilities:
* Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
* Exercise design management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence and financial awareness.
* Supervise a small team of engineers and technicians, reviewing and commenting on the deliverables produced at key stages through a project.
* Liaise with clients, identifying their needs and presenting solutions.
* Prepare client and project proposals.
* Promote Business Development through a network of contacts, and be ambassador of the company.
* Take an active role in technical groups and team meetings, and set an example to all staff.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge:
* Ideally chartered with demonstrable experience.
* Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing.
* Have a commercial understanding of an engineering consultancy as a business.
* Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project.
* Be competent at influencing people (staff, clients, and design team members).
* Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions.
What we offer:
* Competitive salary and benefits package.
* Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
* Be part of a dynamic, expanding team.
* A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility.
To indicate your interest in this Senior Structural Design Engineer role please apply now with your current CV and we will be in touch.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND