Are you someone special who is dedicated to providing compassionate care and knows what a difference little things can make to someones life?
We are searching for Home Carers who can work with a diverse range of clients in homes around Edinburgh and who can deliver a level of care that truly comes from the heart.
You will need to have:
· At least 6 months experience as a Home Carer or similar role such as Care Assistant or Support Worker
· Ability to support service users in a manner that respects their dignity, is non-judgemental and promotes their independence, choices and privacy
· Ability to use own initiative and willing to seek guidance when required
· Excellent understanding, communication and listening skills
· Ability to keep written and online records in clear English
· Two references, at least one from your most recent employer
· Join Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme
· Work in accordance with ASA Recruitment Homecare policies and procedures and the SSSC Code of Practice
Desirable but not essential:
· A full driving licence
· Level 2 or 3 SVQ in Social and Healthcare or equivalent
· Enhanced understanding of issues particular to home care including dementia, Parkinson's, illness due to a stroke, mental health illness and end of life care
In return we offer:
· Competitive weekly pay
· Enhancements paid for weekend, unsociable hours, and bank holidays
· Excellent holiday benefits
· Induction training and development opportunities
· Flexible shifts to suit you
· Online web portal to help you manage your assignment diary and review time sheets online
· A supportive team at ASA which values you and the work you do
If you are a positive, hardworking person with a natural ability to get along with people we would love to hear from you. Please apply with an updated CV and we will be in touch soon.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND