Do you have a passion for a career in accounts? This could be the opportunity for you! ASA are delighted to be assisting our Glasgow based client for the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant to join their finance function on a permanent basis.
Our client are a global financial services organisation based in Glasgow city centre. Due to remarkable growth, they are seeking a professional, forward-thinking Assistant Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a move to join an international company.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will:
· Prepare journals, prepayments, accruals and re-allocations for the standard month-end process
· Assist in analysing the P&L and balance sheet to identify errors and correct if necessary
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
· Assist with the preparation of year-end accounts, liaising with auditors as required
· Liaise with the off-shore processing team in relation to preparation of journal transactions and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
To be considered for the role of the Assistant Accountant, you will need to have:
· Previous experience working in a finance role including preparation of accruals and prepayments
· A background in preparing various reconciliations
· Excellent knowledge of IT packages such as Excel
· Impeccable attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills
· A pro-active approach to problem solving
· The ability to prioritise own work-load
If you are interested in applying for the Assistant Accountant position, please apply online with an up to date CV and we will get in touch.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND