My client based in Edinburgh City Centre is currently looking to recruit an experienced Facilities Assistant to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Hours of work: night shift Friday to Sunday 10.5 hours per day
Reporting to the General/Assistant Manager, the main purpose of this role is to; take pride in residence, by keeping accommodation in great condition inside and out. This will involve cleaning all communal areas and maintaining the general upkeep of the residence; performing repairs, maintenance, and minor redecoration as and when needed.
The roles and responsibilities of the Facilities Assistant will include but not be limited to:-
· To clean all communal areas and external grounds- to include sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming
· To clean communal windows, glass panels and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaning materials
· To manage supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
· To be responsible for low level maintenance
· Painting including interior blocks, doors, gates and any other areas as necessary
· To take pride in the look and feel of the property - ensuring that it is up to standard
· To assist the Manager with key tasks during the summer turnaround period (which may include deep cleaning of rooms), ensuring that the building is ready for the new intake
· Room inspections as required, escalating any issues where necessary
· To provide an out of hours concierge service to our residents, assisting with arrivals/departures throughout the year
· Ensuring arrangements are in place for the removal of refuse. To make sure that refuse area is kept clean - this includes the surrounding areas (courtyard and car park)
· To ensure that the bin stores are tidy and that the bins are rotated so that they are accessible to all residents
· Maintaining arrangements for security and safety including inspecting firefighting equipment and detectors
· To ensure sufficient handover at the end of each shift, so that the incoming Facilities Assistant is aware of any outstanding issues
· To keep an up to date log of all events and incidents to ensure sufficient handover to colleagues
· Carrying out first line maintenance and assisting specialist contractors when required
· To liaise, provide access and monitor the work of all contractors, and trades persons, highlighting any areas of concern to the Manager
· To sign off job sheets for repairs coming through the Repairs Tracking System
· Assisting with the distribution of mail for all residents
· To manage and monitor any inappropriate parking on site
· To monitor the CCTV system, reporting any irregularities to the General Manager or external agencies
· Other duties as directed by the Manager
This role might suit someone who is reliable, approachable and can interact with people on a friendly but professional basis. It would be great if you have a trade, but someone with the right attitude is far more important. The job involves cleaning, as well as minor maintenance duties so please be ready for this when you apply.
Interviews for the roles will be held at the end of November in Edinburgh
Please click apply and upload your CV today!!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND