Are you a procurement professional looking for your next contract opportunity? We are seeking a Procurement Specialist to develop category and sub-category contract strategies, lead on procurement strategies, support the category manager in developing category plans and projects, provide procurement expertise throughout the full contract lifecycle, negotiate with and develop suppliers, analyse and act upon spend data to achieve savings and, investigate and contribute to collaborative contract opportunities. Based in West Lothian, this Procurement Specialist role is initially for 6 months with an option to extend a further 6 months.
· Assist the Corporate Procurement Manager and Category Managers in achieving procurement savings targets and objectives of the Corporate Procurement Strategy
· Contribute to the development of the category team by assisting the Category Manager through all stages of the strategic sourcing process / methodology for the specific commodities – from the market analysis to commodity profiling through to supplier negotiations and the implementation and management of contracts
· Contribute to the development and performance monitoring of new and existing suppliers and attend supplier review meetings
· Assist the Category Manager(s) in the development, implementation and management of procurement activities that relate to the local economy, corporate social responsibility and sustainable development
· Encourage compliance with regard to the appropriate use of national, regional and local contracts and discourage ordering from non-contracted suppliers
· Maintain knowledge of the latest procurement and market developments affecting the commodities within the post holder’s responsibility
· A solid understanding of all applicable Scottish, UK and EU procurement legislation
· Experience within a local government procurement environment, (or a similar regulated function within the public sector)
· Experience of electronic procurement solutions
· MCIPS or a willingness to work towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification
· Experience of supplier and contract management
· Understanding of sound financial management practices
If you would like to be considered for this Procurement Specialist role in West Lothian, please click the link to apply. We would love to hear from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND