Are you an experienced Procurement Specialist looking for your next role in the public sector?
ASA are currently looking for a proficient Procurement Policy Specialist to join the Procurement Policy Team with a large-scale client in the public sector. This position is initially a 16-month contract with potential for a further 8 months extension.
· Provide support to the Procurement Policy, Systems, and Training Manager by assisting in the creation of procurement and contract management policies, systems, training programs, and other related initiatives that align with the Corporate Procurement Strategy.
· Develop company-wide procurement manuals, procedures, and templates.
· Maintain expertise in procurement policies and compliance.
· Improve procurement procedures and review project documentation.
· Assist in updating contract management materials and provide staff training.
· Assist in establishing an Auditing and Compliance program covering all procurement and contract management activities throughout the organisation.
· Research e-signature software and aid in Delegated Purchasing Authority (DPA) reviews.
· Identify training needs and assist in creating a Procurement Competency Framework and develop training materials for various procurement roles.
· Support efficient use of the Quick Quote system and liaise with the Scottish Government regarding the PCS Quick Quote system.
· CIPS Level 4 (Diploma) or equivalent qualification.
· Prior experience in a procurement role.
· Strong customer service and stakeholder management skills.
· In-depth understanding of public sector procurement processes and best practices.
· Commercial awareness and familiarity with legal terms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Experience in writing policies, templates, and guidance documents
· Experience in managing important and risky government tenders.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Visio and Power BI
· A flexible hybrid working pattern.
· The chance to work with a large-scale client in the public sector and expand your expertise as a Procurement Policy Specialist working for a prestigious employer with a generous holiday package.
To find out more about this opportunity then please submit your CV and we will be in touch with further details!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND