ASA Recruitment is looking for an experienced payroll manager to join their Edinburgh based payroll and finance team. ASA have been providing recruitment services to a large portfolio of clients for 50 years from our offices across Scotland. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected and well-established recruitment company.
You will have a sound knowledge and understanding of current payroll and tax legislation, statutory requirements and the general administrative requirements associated with any payroll process. Passionate about payroll you will promote best practice, ensuring policies and processes continue to support the needs of the business to a high standard. You should be willing and able to build relationships, internally and externally, across all levels, providing support and guidance throughout the organisation.
Your role will include:
* Responsibility for high volume weekly and monthly payrolls.
* Production of the associated client invoices.
* Calculation and submission of payments/returns to HMRC, Pension provider and other external bodies as required.
* Providing associated accounting information and reports as required.
* Weekly and ad-hoc reporting to provide insight and in-depth analysis of payroll information.
* Advanced use and knowledge of payroll databases, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
* Supervision and responsibility of one staff member
Communication is at the heart of ASA’s success and therefore in the role you will need to:
* Liaise with operational line managers and other colleagues to ensure anomalies are investigated and resolved in a timely, compliant and customer focused manner.
* Advise colleagues on pay related legislation to ensure appropriate advice is given to workers.
* Assist in the support and maintenance of systems and processes to guarantee provision of a high quality pay and billing service to both candidates and clients.
Ideally you will have experience of managing staff, however if your technical knowledge is exceptionally strong you will still be considered for this position.
Remuneration for the role will be based on your skills, experience and qualifications up to a maximum of £37K along with 31 days holiday and other company benefits.
If you believe you have the skills and expertise to join a very successful payroll and finance team at ASA Recruitment in Edinburgh please apply today with your CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND