We are currently recruiting for an experienced Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to join our client in Kirkcaldy, Fife on a permanent basis.
Production at this Kirkcaldy site is a highly automated 24/7 operation and the performance and efficiency is reliant on excellent engineering practice. This role will suit a candidate who is skilled and has experience in both electrical and mechanical engineering.
The main duties of the role include:
· Ensuring all machinery and ancillary equipment is fully operational and in optimum condition.
· Responding to breakdowns and outages.
· Carrying out systematic fault finding.
· General machine maintenance including strip down, cleaning, inspection, repairs and rebuilds.
· Carrying out PPM works in line with our schedule.
· Sourcing and ordering parts for both repairs and stock replenishment.
· Promoting and implementing improvements in our on-site engineering to maximise efficiency.
· General maintenance around the site, including grounds, office, production and storage areas.
· Maintaining accurate records of all works carried out.
· Maintaining high standards of safety and cleanliness in own working areas.
· Adhering to H&S and environmental requirements.
· ONC/HNC or equivalent recognised apprenticeship in mechanical or electrical engineering.
· Working knowledge of pneumatics.
· Experience in a similar role in a fast moving environment.
· Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
· Adaptable to meet ever changing demands.
· Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
· Effective communicator at all levels.
· Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
· Ability to use own initiative and solve problems.
· Flexible with a positive approach to work.
In return our client are offering a salary of £36 – £44k DOE, 33 days holiday per year and company pension. This role is based on 37.5hr per week over 5 days each week.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician role in Kirkcaldy, Fife, please apply with an up to date CV and we will be in touch.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND