ASA Recruitment are looking for a full time, Inspector of works to join an exciting public sector team in Aberdeen.
The successful candidate can be from a private or public sector background and will be responsible for ensuring works carried out by the Authority’s contractors comply with drawings, specifications and works carried out are of an adequate standard.
Inspector of Works role comprises of:
- Monitoring works carried out by contractors to ensure they comply with drawings and specifications
- Monitor contractors construction works and instruct remedial works as necessary
- Monitor Statutory Undertakers construction work and instruct remedial works as necessary
- Ensure the adequacy of contractors site health and safety and traffic management measures
- Assist in the certifying of measured items and day works
- Carrying out roads authority responsibilities relevant to the site teams work, consult the public, land owners, businesses and elected members
Successful candidates for the role will require:
- Civil Engineering Qualification
- Extensive relevant civil engineering and works inspection experience
- Have an understanding of Highway construction, temporary traffic management (TSM Chapter 8), traffic engineering, engineering drawings and specification documentation
- Have demonstrable skills in monitoring for roadworks contractor’s quality and progress, conforming to MCHW
- Monitoring for Statutory Undertakers works quality and progress, conforming to NRSWA
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, be able to communicate with the public, colleagues, professionals and Elected Members
The successful candidate will get:
- The chance to become an integral part of a reputable public body
- Excellent Pay & Conditions
If this role matches your skills and previous experience, then apply online today with your current CV and we’ll be in touch directly with Angela,
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND