ASA Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join our client’s award-winning culinary team at their luxury five-star boutique hotel, offering their clients a refined fine dining experience. Working closely with our client’s senior management, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the finest produce, prepare and serve exceptional food for a growing clientele at this prestigious Aberdeen establishment.
As Head Chef you will be an experienced Head Chef and Team Manager, focused on delivering fine dining menu items with awareness of commodities used, methods, preparation and cooking in order to ensure a consistently high level of food service at all times. You will also work closely on stock control and ordering and work with management to continually refresh and improve the food offering.
The successful candidate will be required to:
· produce and take responsibility for the preparation of high quality fresh food to the highest standard
· deliver consistently high levels of food service at all times by being aware of commodities used, methods, preparation and cooking.
· manage their team of chefs to deliver the highest standard of food service and hold full accountability for the performance of the kitchen.
· work in a fast paced and challenging environment and maintain a consistently high standard of food delivery under pressure
· approach their duties in a professional and flexible manner (weekend and evening work will be required)
· manage correct stock control procedures, portion control, and wastage.
· work closely with management to continually refresh and improve the fine dining offering.
· undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by management.
To be eligible for consideration you will require:
· drive and passion for exceptional food and quality produce
· creativity with a meticulous eye for detail
· experience of working in a similar role within a 4 or 5 star property
· fine dining experience (preferred)
· excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· a current certification in Basic Food Preparation, Health and Hygiene or similar
· a positive and flexible approach to work (weekend and evening work will be required)
· proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom
· experience of working effectively in a fast paced kitchen within a fine dining establishment
· your own transport to get to and from work
Benefits you can expect with this assignment:
· salary of circa £35,000 per annum, based upon experience.
· performance related bonus/rewards
· company pension scheme
· additional company benefits
· uniform will be provided
· free car parking
· the opportunity to work with the finest produce, preparing and serving exceptional food.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your career and reputation at a senior level, please apply online for this Head Chef position in Aberdeen, by sending us your most up-to-date CV and certification.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND