We are seeking an experienced developer to join a dynamic team at a public body focused on accelerating the delivery of new and improved digital services to customers. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and play a key role in enhancing user experiences. The organisation has multiple offices so this role can be based in either Glasgow or Edinburgh with hybrid working.
The role is being offered as an initial contract of 6 months and is outside of IR35.
As part of a multi-functional and agile Customer Facing domain, you will primarily focus on the development of Register Land and Property (RLP) web applications and REST APIs using Spring Boot, Python/Flask, and OpenShift. Your responsibilities will include extending support for a wider range of deed and application types, enhancing dashboard features, and creating a public API to streamline applications. Additionally, you will contribute to the development and support of various customer-facing products while adhering to high-quality software development practices.
· Strong skills in Spring Boot, Python Flask microservices, Spring security, and OAuth2.
· Experience in HTML/CSS, accessibility considerations, and UI pattern libraries.
· Familiarity with OpenShift, DevOps, CI/CD practices, Jenkins, Docker, and infrastructure as code.
· Expertise in relational and NoSQL databases, specifically Mongo and PostgreSQL.
· Proven track record of delivering high-quality software in cross-functional teams.
· Ability to design and implement technical solutions for software development projects.
· Knowledge of Digital First or GDS quality standards.
· Experience in human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices.
· Proficiency in service and event-based architectures, unit testing, and cloud monitoring tools.
· Previous involvement in incremental replacement of enterprise legacy systems.
· Familiarity with Agile delivery models, code quality, and infrastructure maintenance.
· Good understanding of code quality, monitoring, telemetry, and analytics tools.
· Develop and maintain web applications and REST APIs.
· Collaborate within cross-functional teams and participate in Agile delivery processes.
· Ensure the quality, security, and performance of developed software.
· Troubleshoot issues across various environments and platforms.
· Mentor and coach other team members when required.
· Share knowledge, techniques, and experience within the organisation.
· Implement best practices for software development and adhere to industry standards.
· Assist in extending and enhancing customer-facing products.
· Drive the development of new features and public APIs to improve digital services.
Package on Offer:
· Initial contract of 6 months.
· Outside IR35.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply directly or send your CV to Sam Barker at ASA Recruitment.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND